Monday, March 18, 2013

Laura Fedora fashion sketchbook part 1


Polka dots….Polka dots….Polka dots!!!!!
I love em!

Here are some especially awesome designs that have inspired me lately…..

This cute commercial for laundry detergent with the lady from Strangers With Candy…..



These two neato patterns from my favorite vintage 60s dresses that I like to wear a lot….





My store, Blue Apple Seed is right now mainly focused on supplies. The reason I called it Blue Apple "seed" is that the fabric designs hopefully would grow into finished projects by someone else…..

I have recently been designing dresses of my own with this fabric as sketches ……but I have no idea how to sew!



I am trying to arrange sewing classes so that I can create my ideas…..


Here are some fashion sketches from one of my designs on the fairly "normal" end of my spectrum but it is SO fun to design with:





Here are the sketches:



You can see the big to small polka dots really create an hourglass figure……



For all the silhouettes I would like to be retro and keep the 60s vibe going. 
I really like the form fitting bandage dress look…..





This is a design that is the same big little polka dot idea but a bit more surreal……..it is of feet in red high heels in a ethereal bubble floating through the void…






the original image comes from a bit of the comic book the Collective has put together. It is our big first group project…..it is very nearly finished and will be unveiled on it's completion. 
It is a tale about a lost garden in which grow blue apples……



No comments:

Post a Comment