Wednesday, March 27, 2013

automatic drawing trance drawing surreal sketchbook part 1


There's been talk of hypnotism and trances in the Collective lately. I'm not a very good subject for that kind of stuff…..don't get me wrong…I am highly suggestible but you have to wrassil my brain for attention because if I see a movement in my peripheral I would immediately turn and go "oh, bunnies!"
It's not because I'm a flighty dame but because I am the type of person who uses the term "flighty dame."  Regardless of that little snafu, I was once in the perfect trance inducing situation. It was an abnormal psychology class in a lecture hall. The teacher's voice happened to be very soft and melodic. It was a night class so I was a bit tired. The windows were already dark but the lights were mostly turned off and an old slide projector was used to show definitions of different terms on a large screen. The screen faintly glowed in the darkness and the projector had a hum to it. 
I was on one of the upper tier seats in a VERY comfortable chair….unusual for most class rooms….. 
While I was listening to the lecture which composed many fascinating subjects of distorted realities I would doodle without looking down at the page or thinking much about it

unlike jaja I am an average american in my capacity for concentration….my attention span is very short so in order for me to meditate or become hypnotized I have to be bamboozled by ambiance…..

I find that some churches also have that effect even though I am not very religious in a traditional sense, the atmosphere creates an almost epic mystical space…..the ultimate art installation….

It was only after reading jaja's posts that I realized I must have been in a trance-like state and the drawings were automatic…..subconscious….
the result…..
some neat doodles that sometimes look like stuff!

Here are some
all from the same class by the way.......




No comments:

Post a Comment