Monday, April 15, 2013

My First Dress Design with Psychedelic godhead fabric


This is my first complete dress design made from my psychedelic fabric prints…
A sculpture that can be worn...
Made out of my Melt design This dress features shimmering hidden eyes…..



The color palette is a pleasantly clashing purple and orange with blacks and shimmering whites melted together in a half tie dye half rocker cyber punk stripped design. 
The fabric has a nice shimmer....
This wild pattern is shaped into a classic 60s silhouette, with a shaped and darted bust, an hourglass waist and a fitted hip. This shape is similar to dresses worn by Jackie O but done in a stretchy figure hugging polyester.


The stripes are placed just so……
On the back middle waist the stripes form a V shape and in the front run diagonally while the bust and skirt run vertical to maximize the hourglass look.


I designed my dress but did not sew it....But this garment is professionally tailored by the owner of Pins To Needles
located in Scotland, CT
pinstoneedles.com
Where I am getting my sewing lessons as well.




When I saw this garment finished I knew that I had to learn how to sew..,....but I am all butterfingers and I am a zen master's worst nightmare!!!
How will I ever get the skill?

follow me on my perilous quest to master my creative chaos through sewing


to follow my new creations go here
to my Blue Apple Seed Store

2 comments:

  1. First, thanks for commenting at my blog on the poem about the big sister in Spain.

    LOVE LOVE LOVE this print. The juxtaposition of angles works well. I have always wanted to sew, and I just embroidered two pairs of jeans, so maybe I'm not far behind you!

    Smart to have this special fabric actually sewn by experts. Not the type of material for taking chances, too luxurious. Thanks, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!!

    I am going to put up some tips I am learning from my sewing teacher so that more people can learn them too! She knows the in's and out's and little tricks that makes all the difference in a garment. Maybe they will help you out too.

    -laura

    ReplyDelete